top of page


What are the requirements for being admitted to the programme?

Please have a look at "Application".

Where can I find further information on the courses which have been offered in the last semesters?

An overview of past and current classes can be found here.


What is the standard period of study?

The standard period of study is four semesters (two years).


Is it necessary to have a certain knowledge of the German language?

Yes. Since courses will be operated in English and German a sufficient knowledge of the German language is needed. Students whose mother tongue is not German have to provide sufficient skills in the German language (DSH 2, resp. Test DaF 4/4/4/4 or better). As a substantial part of the curriculum is offerd in English, these skills can be achieved parallel to the programme during the first year. You can apply for a German language course here.

How should the admission essay be designed and structured?

The admission essay should have a length of 5 pages. It can be written either in English or German. The essay has to deal with a thematic or methodic key aspect of the programme. The key aspects are presented in the module description (please see  "Documents"). The essay should point out certain questions regarding the chosen key aspect and your interest in this aspect in an appropriate and scientific manner.

How can I apply for the programme?

Please send your application as one PDF document to .

How many students are admitted to the programme each year?

About 20 students are admitted each year.


How much are the tuition fees?

Every semester (twice a year) you will be charged regular student services fees (social insurance contribution) of approximately 300 Euros. When you are enrolled as a student, your student ticket also comprises free public transportation in Northrhein-Westphalia as well as cheaper meals in the cafeteria and other benefits.


How can I find a room in Bochum?

You can look for a private room in the city of Bochum (10-15 minutes via tram) or close to the university. You can contact the AKAFÖ (Akademisches Förderungswerk) Or you may contact the International Office as they can help you with finding a room belonging to the university:

bottom of page